Who We Are?
It's an amazing time to join Dalet as we continue to shape the future of media production, management and distribution. Mature and stable like a large corporation, yet agile and growing like a start-up, Dalet is the perfect place for talented, internationally minded and highly motivated individuals looking to join a very dynamic company where things get done!
Dalet empowers media-rich organizations to transform their production and distribution workflows – accelerating media operations, maximizing collaboration and creating higher value from content. As a leading media technology and service provider with over three decades of innovation, our software solutions enable greater control, enhanced visibility and increased productivity for content professionals and storytellers around the globe. Leading organizations such as Fox Networks Group, Arsenal Football Club, MediaCorp, Audi, and the BBC trust Dalet to support their daily content operations. Our team is driven by a passion for media and committed to empowering a world where compelling stories are beautifully made, effortlessly told and thoughtfully delivered. Learn more at www.dalet.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us?
- Revolutionize a big industry in a dynamic, fast-growing, yet mature, company
- Benefit from great career opportunities around the world
- Make the most of a truly collaborative environment with supportive leadership
- Evolve with cutting edge technologies (AI, Cloud, Cybersecurity…)
- Collaborate with talented and passionate team members with a (real) international community of “Daletians”.
- Enjoy a fun working environment
Our Cloud Operations & Infrastructure Team
We are a global growing team which aims at delivering first-class platforms and associated services to our various customers and internal teams, with 24x7 runtime operations and support. We embrace Reliability Engineering; toil is our enemy while automation at scale is our ally.
Where do you sit?
- Improving our cost efficiency culture and building a true FinOps mindset within our company
- Working in a multi cloud context with a diverse though coherent stack in constant growth
- Helping shape the usage of a growing budget within a fast growing company
- Building and promoting financial observability as well as optimization patterns
- Engineering mindset focused on optimizing performance, scalability, resiliency and cost efficiency
- Fast changing environment where we continuously collaborate with Product teams and constantly adapt our Cloud infrastructure for new features and Products
- Working with Sales department, architecting and shaping cost efficient solution and blueprints to customer-specific use-cases.
Who You Are?
With an engineering mindset, you like to design and challenge things on a day to day. You enjoy building “the next big thing” while trying to optimize it for efficiency, delivering more with less. Optimization is your mojo and having all things always under control is your credo. Your ability to be an effective communicator, collaborative team player, analytical thinker and global influencer will be keys to success in this role.
- Create operational metrics to demonstrate costs and usage and to identify areas for cost-cutting and improvement.
- Develop and manage a resources tagging governance model to tag both new and pre-existing resources as we grow, on multiple Cloud providers.
- Serve as a liaison between Cloud providers and us to obtain recommendations on how to reduce costs and use resources effectively in our environments.
- Manage reserved and dedicated Cloud resources.
- Assist individual groups, including the Finance, Operations, Presales and R&D groups, in cost management and pursuing cost-cutting projects.
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure and improve automation for manual elements
- Identify operations improvements to strengthen organisational processes and practices and enhance support quality and customer satisfaction.
- Challenge existing deployments and technical architecture to optimize cost.
- Be technical hands on in regards of infrastructure of platforms migration and optimization.
- Build financial models to evaluate investment decisions; work with cross-functional teams in preparing business cases, providing a technical/financial perspective.
- Prepare and present quarterly financial updates to executive level audiences
- BS in Software Engineering, business, finance or analytics
- 5+ years experience, preferably with a SaaS company
- 2+ years of hands-on AWS experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Linux operating system.
- Familiarity with cost structure of AWS, GCP, Azure and OVH services
- Solid understanding of the process of tagging resources within Cloud providers.
- Past experience in building, industrializing and running Public Cloud cost management and optimization tools (AWS Cost explorer, Cloudhealth, Cloudability, etc.)
- Experience automating deployments using tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with CNCF container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher …)
- Proficiency in high-level programming/scripting languages (Go/Python …)
- Experience with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience creating analytical and financial models for data-driven decisions
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness and ability to adapt to rapid business and organizational change
- Effective collaboration skills, allowing for continuous and proactive communication across various internal groups, from entry level to executive management
Partial to full remote work & limited travel requirements.