We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join the Flex Media Platform engineering team to develop and maintain mission critical services for our media content supply chain management platform.
Roles and responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining Java services with accompanying unit tests and acceptance tests.
- Working with architects to design the best solutions to challenging problems.
- Participating in Agile ceremonies such as backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and daily scrums.
- Fixing bugs and issues raised by QA engineers or found in production.
- Monitoring the performance of software components and services in production systems.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Mentoring and assisting junior software engineers.
What you will bring
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of cloud native development concepts, microservices architecture, and distributed systems.
- Excellent knowledge of REST API design principles and practices.
- A solid understanding of multi-threaded software development.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data access and persistence (ideally some of MariaDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis).
- Experience using Git and the Git feature branch workflow or trunk driven development.
- Knowledge of Jira as the primary tool to manage the SDLC.
- Strong knowledge of Docker and containerisation technologies. Knowledge of Kubernetes is desirable.
- Experience developing unit tests using Junit 4/5 and mocking tools such as Mockito.
- Experience using asynchronous messaging techniques using message queue systems such as RabbitMQ.
- Experience using (and ideally developing) CI/CD pipelines & relevant automation.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent command of the English language (written, verbal).
Dalet empowers media-rich organizations to transform their production and distribution workflows – accelerating media operations, maximizing collaboration and creating higher value from content. As a leading media technology and service provider with over three decades of innovation, our software solutions enable greater control, enhanced visibility and increased productivity for content professionals and storytellers around the globe.
Leading organizations such as Fox Networks Group, Arsenal Football Club, MediaCorp, Audi, and the BBC trust Dalet to support their daily content operations. Our team is driven by a passion for media and committed to empowering a world where compelling stories are beautifully made, effortlessly told, and thoughtfully delivered.