Who We Are?
It's an amazing time to join Dalet as we continue to shape the future of media production, management and distribution. Mature and stable like a large corporation, yet agile and growing like a start-up, Dalet is the perfect place for talented, internationally minded and highly motivated individuals looking to join a very dynamic company where things get done!
Dalet empowers media-rich organizations to transform their production and distribution workflows – accelerating media operations, maximizing collaboration and creating higher value from content. As a leading media technology and service provider with over three decades of innovation, our software solutions enable greater control, enhanced visibility and increased productivity for content professionals and storytellers around the globe. Leading organizations such as Fox Networks Group, Arsenal Football Club, MediaCorp, Audi, and the BBC trust Dalet to support their daily content operations. Our team is driven by a passion for media and committed to empowering a world where compelling stories are beautifully made, effortlessly told and thoughtfully delivered. Learn more at www.dalet.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us?
· Revolutionize a big industry in a dynamic, fast-growing, yet mature, company
· Benefit from great career opportunities around the world
· Make the most of a truly collaborative environment with supportive leadership
· Evolve with cutting edge technologies (AI, Cloud, Cybersecurity…)
· Collaborate with talented and passionate team members
· Enjoy a fun working environment
Who You Are?
If you’re an enthusiastic, talented and resourceful engineer with the relevant skills & IT experience, we invite you to talk to us about this opportunity based in Asia-Pacific.
What You’ll Do?
Your primary role as a Dev-ops/system engineer will be to ensure that customers’ infrastructure is consistently available, meeting contractually-agreed SLA targets. You will be supporting always-available platforms, building new systems, upgrading and patching existing ones and supporting application deployments. You will also act as a point of escalation for the regional support centers.
You will serve as a technical liaison between the Customer and the Engineering Team working to ensure the criticality of the problem is fully understood and satisfactorily resolved in a time sensitive manner. By handling technical problems with extreme professional acumen, you will deliver a positive problem-solving experience to customers who subcribed to the remote environment management services.
● Support an always-available cloud-based platform
● Support application deployments, build new systems and upgrade and patch existing ones
● Ensure that there is adequate monitoring and reporting to be able to identify problems, and resolve/escalate them as appropriate
● Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure and improve automation for manual elements
● Identify operations improvements to strengthen organisational processes and practices and enhance support quality and customer satisfaction.
● Maintain accurate and up to date documentation on the current infrastructure and system support documents such as run books
● Ensure that mission critical data is backed up as required
● Resolve critical/complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
● Proactively monitor customer’s technical issues and drive support requests and escalations to a satisfactory resolution.
● Escalate and communicate any service related technical incidents, ongoing service interruptions and/or problems to the relevant Service Delivery/Support personnel and ensure that any fixes are understood, documented and communicated to team members
● Resolve incidents in a positive and supportive manner and work effectively with outside vendors to provide high quality and responsive services to Flex clients
● Work closely with the engineering teams to help resolve bugs and deliver solutions in a timely fashion.
● Learn on the job and explore new technologies with minimal supervision
● There will be some need for on-call work and/or weekend work to cover live events.
● Minimum of 5 years experience with the Linux operating system. (Ideally some form of a Linux Administration Certification)
● Experience in scripting and server-side programming languages (Shell, Python, Java, Go)
● Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, SQL, JSON
● Understanding application clustering/load balancing concepts and technologies
● Experience administering Java Application Server (e.g. Apache Tomcat)
● Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, or Microsoft Azure technologies
● Experience automating deployments using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and Rancher is a big plus
● Experience administering database and messaging systems like MariaDB, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis is a big plus
● Highly-motivated in customer support services and client satisfaction
● Experience in troubleshooting/debugging complex technical issues
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
● Must be able to articulate technical solutions to all audiences
● Ability to work independently and as a team player.